Thursday, September 16, 2010

Meet Sass




















Who are you & what do you do besides "Spunk & Sass"?
I am a new stay at home MOM to the best baby in the world! J was born in February 2010 along with his older twin brother B. We lost his brother after loving him for 6 days in the NICU, so I'm throwing double the love into our strong little surviving man. So as my husband calls me, I'm a "home maker". I do the normal cleaning and straightening all day long as well as tons of cuddling our little man and getting him to develop into a smart little kiddo!

What is your favorite hobby?
Wow...just one? Probably my favorite hobby is to find new ones! I love researching a new idea to figure out where I can go with it. Right now I'm tiptoeing into sewing, very lightly:) I still love doing jewelry, it's just so fulfilling to see someone wearing one of our pieces and then to hear that they love it!

How did you get started with crafting and where do you find your inspiration?
I've always dabbled into crafting. I can't remember a time when I was growing up when I wasn't trying to figure out how to recreate something I saw. Having a mother, grandmother, and aunts that were the same way probably helped a bit too!

I love the outdoors, to look at them that is. I have horrid allergies. But nature I think is the best and most beautiful thing God gave us. So why not be inspired by it?

When and why did you decide to open a shop?
When Spunk told me about Etsy, I fell in love. I knew we needed to do something like this after all the dreams of opening our own store I had had. I believe that this was God's way of saying, try it! It can't hurt! So we did. And now look at us? Ha ha.

Do you have a favorite item in your store?
Wow...tough one! OK, here's a few...you can't really ask the owner to pick her favorite can you?















This was one of our first sales. The Live Now Necklace. I just love it.
















This is one of my newest favorites we make. The Love Bird necklace.

Do you keep any of your things for yourself?

Of course! I was at the pediatricians the other day with baby j and a lady commented on my necklace and it just made my day to say, "It's from our store!" I think I smiled the rest of the day, after handing out business cards to the entire waiting room.

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Well, with a new baby I could easily say there is none. But as I said before he is the best baby ever, I am partial, he sleeps through entire night and takes good little naps. So the minute his head is down I'm doing something I enjoy. I always take a few minutes to look up new tutorials of ways to improve what I'm doing then if time does allow I head to my craft room downstairs {video monitor in hand} and start doing what I do!

What is your favorite food?
Inexpensive Mexican Food...Celayas anyone?

Tell us something interesting about yourself.
Wow...something interesting...I'm really pretty boring. I think it's interesting, for me anyways...I love to organize, so I always dreamed of having a house that was fully labeled with bins and drawers and shelves...pretty boring huh?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oo your dream house sounds pretty nice. I like bins! Guess I'm boring too..lol

Now I want Mexican food!

And I really like that "Live Now" necklace!