Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Meet Spunk





















Who are you & what do you do besides "Spunk & Sass"?
Howdy! I'm Spunk :) I'm a mid-twnenties, DIY addict that works 8-5 as a marketing manager for an engineering firm. My full-time job has me on my toes as I develop my firm's marketing department (I AM the marketing department) and show the world what great work my company can do.

What is your favorite hobby?
Currently I'm addicted to sewing. I can't get enough of it and I'm always trying something new. If I'm not at work or doing something around the house, you can almost always find me sitting in front of my sewing machine -- that has now set up shop in my formal dinning room! I also really enjoy reading and am currently in a book club with some friends from college.

How did you get started with crafting and where do you find your inspiration?
My family is pretty crafty so I imagine my exposure to it started really young. For as long as I can remember I've been crafting, whether it was coloring, making felt puppets, playing with construction paper or painting rocks. Yes...I painted rocks :) In college I started making jewelry for fun and that just evolved, as it continues to do now.

I really find my inspiration from my surroundings. I take everything in and I read a lot of blogs too. I just love crafty blogs. {You can find some of my favorites over to the right} A lot of my inspiration stems from something I want! I love to see things and try to make a version of my own. If I can make it, I'd rather do that not only to save money, but because I have a really good time doing it.

When and why did you decide to open a shop?
When I first found out about Etsy I knew I wanted to be a part of it. Sass and I were always having "craft days" where we would work on little projects, especially jewelry. Once we knew about Etsy, we started dreaming about the idea of having a store. It stemmed from the want to do it and from so many people telling us we should sell our creations. After much thought (and a little bit of cash), we decided to open up Spunk & Sass designs in August of 2008.

Do you have a favorite item in your store?
Oooo that's a hard one. I really can't pick one (go figure) so I'll pick two...

The birds nest ring in black















and the love birds necklace















Do you keep any of your things for yourself?
Yes! Absolutely! {Guilty as charged!} I am out and about a lot, so I figure if I'm wearing my goods then it's one) free advertising and two) a chance to pass our business cards. That's how I pass out a lot of cards. You just can't beat free advertising!

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Spare time? Que? Just kidding {kinda}...Spunk & Sass keeps me pretty busy whether I'm making orders, inventory or trying out new products i.e. product testing. As I mentioned earlier, I'm also in a book club, so I do read quite a bit. However, if I'm not working and I'm not doing things for S&S, then I'm most likely spending time with my husband :) I love just hanging out with him!

What is your favorite food?
Hands down, Mexican food. I love me some enchiladas or fajitas. We're really spoiled with Tex-Mex down here and I just never get enough. I could have it every night for dinner and be one happy chica!

Tell us something interesting about yourself.
Interesting...I did beauty pageants when I was younger and I can flip my tongue completely in half without my teeth :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Lopez said...

Congrats on the new blog! Love it!